Monday, August 20, 2012

WE have our Consulate Appointment




After 3 days of great frustration, we have an appointment with the American Consulate in Guangzhou, Guangdong Province, China.   But it was very late in the afternoon and I knew I needed to get tickets booked ASAP.  I spent the night looking and figuring the best way to fly, as I had no communication from the 2 travel agents that sent me fight suggestions and prices.  I went to a meeting at church Saturday morning trusting that I will receive a email very soon.  Sure enough 3 hours later I have plane tickets!!  We chose to go out of LAX because it is cheaper by $800. 

We will leave on August 23 and  go into Beijing first.  We will visit the Harmony House foster home to see the beautiful children there and a few other places. Then on to Chongqing on Sunday August 26th with tentative gotcha day of August 27th for our daughter, Kylie Gail Xiewen.  A week in Chongqing then onto Guangzhou with gotcha day of September 2 for our son, Robert Tianyang.  We are there for nearly 2 weeks with flight home on September 15th with arrival to LAX at 3:00 pm

 We are getting excited.  I have been planning as we have gone along, so things are coming together.  I am so grateful that I started ahead of time as it seems like the final phase has happened very quickly. I Hope to be done and ready to go by tomorrow night. then can spend the last couple of nights doing my continuing education reading before I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment