Sunday, July 29, 2012

I must be a really good writer!

Lately a few of my family members have expressed their concern over how busy I am.  They "Got It" when I wrote about the many pressures in my life.  I must be a really good writer to create such emotion in them.  (college education paid off)  The truth is I have not shared some of the stuff with them because it would "truly" Freak" them out.  But for the members of the Adoptive community.....

It is well known in adoption circles that the minute a family decides to adopt, the chaos begins.... mostly because EVERYTHING is scrutinized, accounted for, and explained regarding your life. You voluntarily place your self on the biggest roller coaster at seven flags, and then say "OK" to taking your seat belt off.

Unlike "The Colossus" that allows you to see the path ahead, the adoption roller coaster has a path on paper (APP, LOI, PA, HS, I-800a, DTC, LID, LOA, I-800, NVC, Art.5, TA, CA, travel ) and The actual path that is: DO this, oops! wrong form, backwards, mixed up, needs more information, needs another signature, needs the signature of the person away on vacation, dated wrong, the wrong amount, done by the wrong person, delayed, dropped off, redone, needs more money, lost, not explained well enough, misunderstood, needs another form signed, upside down, done wrong, broken down, signed wrong, with blind curves.

So, no matter what I do or do not do, I can not plan my life. The estimate of when we go to China literally had a 4 month window.  Life goes on through each step.  So, I am planning a party for my parent's 50th wedding Anniversary.  They were married on June 8, 1962.  Unfortunately, my Dad got seriously sick while under going chemo-therapy, caused the 50th Anniversary party to be delayed till August 4th. ,   Then, quite unexpectedly, we received our LOA in 36 days.  Thus moving up our time line for China.   Now, the TA's will come quickly causing the expected "leave for china" to be right on top of the Anniversary party. Creating the need to hurry up and get ready!

Well, the jokes on ME, don't you think? To have the 2 most important dates of the year right on top of each other. The 50th Wedding Anniversary and the adoption both create immeasurable JOY and HAPPINESS.   BOTH are once in a lifetime events.   How Blessed Am I! Oh did I mention that my birthday is August third?

What do I want for my birthday? All I want is: for all of my family to come over to my house and visit me Friday, August 3d! Now this is a dream come true.

To my family: I love you, my only stress it that you believe I have too much stress.

 The truth is that I have a wonderful GOD who planned every star in the sky and HE plans every day for me. HE is both my party planner and by travel agent. Either way, I am in for the trip of my life, despite any problem that could come up. I trust HIM to help me to perform and complete my everyday.

We are going to have a great party.
The day will be perfect.
The right people will show up to celebrate with us.
When we are done, we will all be so blessed to be a part of such a wonderful event.
It will be as it is meant to be.









1 comment:

  1. Amen, to the wildest roller coaster ride ever. As I read all the pot holes you have listed I think I have hit all of those and more! But you are correct that our Father is so good to us he is our seatbelt through this. Your TA will be here soon.

    ReplyDelete