Friday, March 30, 2012

Sewing for Grand Assembly


Well, I got my "Baby" back.  This is my 27 year old, top of the line, Pfaff sewing machine.  The clutch went out, so I had it fixed.  It sews like a dream.  I am making jumpers for Grand Assembly. Lilly Rose is now a  "Rainbow Pledge"  For those of you who do not know, my sister and I were very involved in "The International Order of Rainbow For Girl"s as teenagers.  It is affiliated with the Masonic Lodge  And is a service club for girls 11-20 yrs old.  Thus our daughters are also involved.  The younger girls ( 7-10 yr olds) are in a group called pledge.  As soon as the girls reach 11 years old they go in to Rainbow where they learn to be young ladies.  The annual state wide meeting is in Fresno this week.  Tomorrow is the day for the pledge girls to meet with the rainbow girls.  Each club makes and wears  dresses that match.  The day finishes with a carnival and dance that is a lot of fun. So for now, I need to go hem the last jumper.  Blessings to you my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment